Tuesday, October 18, 2005

On the Booker Prize winner...and Chiwetel's Kinky Boots

So John Banville won with The Sea. I've glanced at it and read bits of it and the language is haunting and beautiful but perhaps too much so, gets in the way of the story which is what put me off....shallow, unintellectual me, easily seduced by a good story.... Anyway I'm still waiting to read On Beauty, Shalimar the Clown and Never Let me Go which I thought I might enjoy....

Went to see Chiwetel Ejiofor in Kinky Boots at the weekend, his performance as a drag queen in a provincial English town was stunning...heartbreaking and so human. I've followed his acting since Dirty Pretty Things and am proud that he's being touted as the first black film star to emerge from the UK in recent history. He's certainly doing Nigerians proud....

No comments: